The internet has given bullies a whole new world to exercise their actions. They have been around for years but now with social media they can easily send disturbing and threatening messages with ease. The effects of cyber bullying are often heart breaking. People who are bullied are likely to :
- Become alcohol and drug users
- Have very low self esteem
- Develop antisocial behavior
- Become depressed
- Commit suicide
- Commit murder
- Become bullies to protect themselves
- Develop health problems
Cyber bullies will spread lies, rumors,personal information that you may have given them,insults, gossiping,harrass you and even issuing threats.
How do we stop and prevent bullying?
- Pause before you post
- Educate yourself so that when you identify a bully you step back
- Put secure passwords
- Don’t trust people with personal information online
- Stand up to bullies with facts
- Log off online accounts
- Don’t take anything to heart word by word. Don’t give them the pleasure of hurting you
- Inform someone about the bullying
- If you are bullied on a certain site, deactivate your account.
Bullies don’t realize they cause irreversible damage to the person while they are doing it because they are in the moment,they think it’s fun. They can say anything without thinking of the other person’s reactions. Cyber bullying is worse than in-person bullying because you detach yourself from the person.
Please stop the internet bullying.
Have you been a victim of cyber bullying? If so share your experience. Let’s encourage each other .
With love ,Nelly