What irritates me is when people talk about Africa with such a negativity. People who clearly have never been to any country in Africa will just sit around and say all negative stuff about it. When the closest they ever been to Africa is on discovery channel. What about those who assume Africa is a huge desert and we live in the forest. Alright now that really irritates me.
The other day I was on facebook and there was a debate on breastfeeding, out of no where this guy suddenly says clearly women don’t need any nutrients to supply milk to the baby, look at Africa. I was shocked by the level of ignorance. Clearly, he has never been to Africa. We plant our own food and those without farms have places readily available with fresh organic vegetables to buy from. I grew up eating a balanced diet and so did 80 percent of Africans. Our farms is free from fertilizers, our fruits are in our farms, we pick them up straight from the tree so we obviously are having food that is undoubtedly organic.
Then goes the media, when they film they want to show the worst of the worst. Their motives are to make Africa look the worst for the rest of the world. They paint a picture of poverty, famine, Hunger, illiteracy and death. Leave Africa alone!! For your info :
- We do have clean water to drink (we have boreholes and we treat our water)
- Africa is not a desert. We have highlands, mountain regions, small deserts, plains, valleys. And as much as it is a surprise to you yes it actually rains.
- Africans are not black because it is hot. We just have extra melanin and not because of the sun. Otherwise Africans born in other regions would be white, right?
- We are hard working people. We do our best in everything we put our minds to. We never back down.
- Africans have houses, families, and apartments. We don’t live in the jungle. So NO I don’t have baboons and lions laying next to me at night.
- Lastly you need to visit Africa soon. Most expats who visit always want to relocate to Africa. We are all one.
End of rant.
With love, Nelly
Categories: LIFESTYLE AND BEAUTY BLOG