Rio de Janeiro, Brazil travel guide- Things to do and see
The city: Rio de Janeiro is the most know city in Brazil. It was founded in 1565. Today, Rio de Janeiro is a global city and the preferred tourist destination in Latin America.
Best time to go
The weather can be described as good all year round. You can go there in the summertime, and you will find high temperatures and beautiful beaches. Or you can go there in wintertime and enjoy mild temperatures, perfects for outdoor walks.
- One born in Rio de Janeiro é called Carioca.
- Rio de Janeiro has the bluest sky of the world, according to a survey of The Blue Sky Explore website.
- In the Bay of Guanabara, there are about 100 islands. The most famous is the Island of the Governor and the Island of Paquetá.
- Avoid go out carrying fancy stuff. Keep your identity document with you all the time.
- Stay tuned for local news. It can help you avoid dangerous places.
- There are select police stations to tourist. Find out where there is a one of that near your lodging.
- ALWAYS use sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
What to do
- Pão de Açúcar: You can conquer the mountain doing a walk from Urca beach, or you can take the cable car. Both ways are entirely rewarded by the breathtaking view.
- Christ, The Redeemer in Mount Corcovado: one of the New 7 Wonders of The World. From there you will see most of the city.
- The historical and economic center of the city: History, Culture, Gastronomy and the best prices in the whole city.
Where to eat
- Colombo Confectionery: founded in 1894 there you will find the most refined dish of the high gastronomy to the most popular snack. The design architectural bring us back to the early 1900s.
- Garota de Ipanema: the famous restaurant where the music Garota de Ipanema was created, there you find a perfect place for a casual or a romantic date.
Where to shop
- If you want to shop from your hotel room, Alotta pajs “CLICK HERE” is a great website for cheap high-quality clothes and accessories at discounted rates.
- The downtown area. There you will find brand famous products, popular prices and crowded small streets where street vendors sell EVERYTHING.
Where to stay
- Copacabana Palace: the most famous hotel in Rio de Janeiro, it is placed in front of Copacabana beach. Expensive but totally worth it. Favorite of celebrities.
- Vidigalhouse: Located in one of the favelas of Rio de Janeiro, Vidigalhouse has to offer a wonderful sightseeing, comfort, beauty and the famous carioca hospitality. Don’t forget to attend to slab barbecue, that is even better than going a steakhouse!
If you have time
Visit the Island of Paquetá: It is necessary to take a ferry and across the Guanabara Bay to get there, a route totally worth because allows a peaceful view of the city. The Island has a bucolic appearance, remembering the times when Rio de Janeiro was a capital of Brazil Empire. Take a time to visit the Baobab Tree, nicknamed as ‘Fat Mary’, in Tamoios Beach. There is a legend saying that those who caress the tree are eternally lucky.