Bern, Switzerland Things to Do and See
Switzerland of Europe is one of the most beautiful places on planet earth. It is the land of Swiss Alps, tasty chocolate, beer, historic medieval towns, magnificent museums, and accommodating people. Switzerland has always been reputed to be a costly country; a factor to be considered by budget travelers. Bern is secure and super lovely with breathtaking structures. It is the capital city of Switzerland a vast network of railways and roads. To cut costs, you might consider accommodation in a shared room, getting your groceries from local supermarkets, boarding local buses around the city, buying cheaper tickets when visiting museums and cinemas among others.
Bern is located amidst the Swiss plateau, west to central Switzerland, and approximately 20km to the famous Swiss Alps. It is surrounded by glaciers. The river Aare courses around the city in curves.
Best time to go
The best time to visit Bern is in the spring and summer (April-September). The elements of weather are fantastic for visitors in these months. Specifically, the month to choose would depend on the intended activity. Ski lovers would be able to ski in winter, and swimming in the pure river Aare is best done in summer(July, August). Enjoy the fun of mountaineering and sightseeing in summer. You sure would find the moments electrifying!
- The name ‘Bern’ actually originates from the name of the animal bear. The city has the images of a bear on its flags and coat-of-arms.
- Bernese-German is the local tongue of inhabitants of Bern. However, standard German is the official language of the government.
- Bern is the manufacturing hub of chocolate, electronics, pharmaceutical products, machines, etc
What to do
- Skiing and hiking: With your skiing wears on, you would enjoy skiing the Matterhorn to the fullest in an organized, harmless area. Hiking the mountains will afford you the opportunity of having an aerial view of the city.
- Visit the Bear Park: You can reach the Bear Park by bus to see the energetic bears. You wouldn’t stop wondering at their boisterous and intriguing activities.
- Swimming in River Aare: The waters of Aare will be glad to receive you! There are barriers to prevent swimmers from getting into the hydraulic power station and experienced locals to accompany you.
- Catch maximum fun in the company of new friends in Fasnacht Spring Carnival. This festival marks the arrival of warm weather. It a three-day event many tourists and local long to see. You would get a costume for the festival from the locals. It is always available for everyone.
Where to eat and shop
- If you want to shop from your hotel room, Alotta pajs “CLICK HERE” is a great website for cheap high-quality clothes and accessories at discounted rates.
- Restaurants like Cafe Federal, Suan Long, Bellevue Palace, etc. serve pleasant meals. Choice from the variety of available dishes would be according to your budget.
- You will get quality commodities at Westside, Nestle Shop Bern, Yamatuti, etc. The shopping malls of Bern are known to render services to the satisfaction of customers. The best wristwatches are produced in Switzerland, don’t visit without buying for yourself and loved ones.